What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing means storing and accessing data over the internet instead of our computer hard drive. It is on-demand availability when we need that, then we use and store our data on the cloud and retrieve our data from the cloud as our need.
Types of Cloud
- Public Cloud Mode
- Private Cloud Model
- Hybrid Cloud Model
- Community Cloud Model
- Public Cloud Model – In this cloud model services are created by the administrator like messaging, application, storage, etc. And that service is common for all the users.
- Private Cloud Model – In this cloud model administrator provides some extra services to a dedicated user by taking some extra charges. This cloud model is called the private cloud model and this cloud model is more secure compared to the comparison of the public cloud model.
- Hybrid Cloud Model – Hybrid means a combination of two services so it is a combination of public and private cloud. The administrator provides all free services to the user which are available for everyone and some extra services which are chargeable and if the user wants to access those services then the user needs to pay some charges to the administrator to access those services, this kind of model is called hybrid cloud model.
- Community Cloud Model – In this cloud model we group organizations together and then provide services to them this kind of model is known as the community cloud model.
Services Models of Cloud
- Software as a service.
- Platform as a service.
- Infrastructure as a service.
- Software as a service (Saas) – Saas cloud Model allows to provide software applications as a service to the end-users on a subscription basis it basically refers to software that is deployed on the host service and is accessible via the internet
Eg – Google apps.
- Platform as a service (Saas) – Platform as a service refers to a runtime environment for the users of applications. It allows programmers to create, run, test and deploy web applications. It provides built-in security, scalability, and web service interfaces.
Eg – Google app engine.
- Infrastructure as a service (Saas) – In this service model, we provide infrastructure to the client virtually. Infrastructure is like (servers, networking, storage, etc) by using this infra clients can design their own applications and services. Customers can access their resources over the internet using pay-per ( means only pay for services how many services they want to use or for how much time they want to use etc). This model is known as infrastructure as a service.
Eg- Amazon Web Services ( AWS).
Evolution of Cloud Computing
The first cloud model came in 1950 its name is Distributer cloud, then Mainframe computing came into the market then Cluster computing and Grid computing then Cloud computing came in 2007.
- Distributed Computing – Splitting a business into different sub-services and distributing them on different machines this computing is known as distributed computing.
- Mainframe Computing – It is a highly powerful and reliable machine designed to process very large amounts of data quickly but it is very expensive.
- Cluster Computing – In this computing multiple servers are grouped together to achieve the same business and are regarded as one computer this computing is known as cluster computing.
- Grid Computing – In this cloud computing different systems are placed at entirely different locations and connected via the internet this computing is known as grid computing.
Benefits of Using Cloud Computing for organizations
- Cost Reduction.
- Wide Reach.
- Device Independence.
Cost Reduction – Organizations can reduce their costs by using cloud computing services they buy storage etc when they need and how much they need and store data virtually on another device and only pay for that so in that way organizations can save lots of money by using cloud services and if they don’t use cloud services then they need to pay lots of money for hardware, software that increases the organization cost so when an organization is used cloud services then they save huge money and make organization beneficial.
Security – Most of the cloud service providers offer a set of policies, and technologies and give you more control than increases your data security posture and protects your data from threats so that way your data is secure in the cloud.
Wide Reach – By storing our data in the cloud we can access it from anywhere from any device, any machine by just using the internet through our login credentials so in that way, we get a wide reach for accessing our data.
Reliability – Cloud administrator also makes your data backup in multiple places so if any disaster occurs but your data is not going anywhere so in that way cloud is also reliable.
Device Independence – If organizations store data in the cloud so it’s device independence they can access that data from anywhere from any machine so in that way it is device independence.